Geometry Unit Lesson Plans 3rd Grade
Day 1: Explore Right Angles PDF
• Identify and sketch right angles.
Day 2: Bigger Than a Right Angles and Smaller Than a Right Angles PDF
• Identify and sketch some polygons that have right angles.
Day 3: Line Segments PDF
• Identify and sketch parallel, intersecting, and perpendicular lines and line segments.
Day 4: Quadrilaterals PDF
• Identify and describe special types of quadrilaterals, such as squares, rectangles, parallelograms, rhombus, trapezoids and kites.
Day 5: Perimeters #1 PDF
• Measure and calculate perimeters of simple quadrilaterals.
Day 6: Perimeters #2 PDF
• Measure and calculate of a variety of quadrilaterals.
Day 7: Problem Solving in Quadrilaterals and Perimeter PDF
• Solve single- and multi-step word problems involving perimeters of quadrilaterals and verify the solutions.
Day 8: Assessment